School also started back this week and I'm feeling especially "mature" and grumpy and out of place right now. I know I'm not really old. I just happen to be married and already have worked really hard to get a degree studying what I love and want to do with my life. That frustration and being in class with people who seem constantly hungover makes me feel old and grumpy.
So, here are the questions I found myself asking this week:
- Why do half of these girls look like Kylie Jenner? That girl must have become super popular over Christmas break.
- Am I older than my TA?
- Why is there not a parking test required for college admission? (If your tiny car takes up two whole spots because can't understand that you should be parallel between the two white lines then what makes you qualified to pursue higher education?)
- Is my school accepting 14 year-olds?
- Will my death involve a crash with a skateboarder or long boarder who is not paying attention to where they're going?
- Do people not learn early on that a room number starting with 200 indicates that it is on the second floor of the building or was that just me?
- What does it mean when the girl sitting next to me in Engineering Mathematics says, "Wow, good for you. I would never be married and still in school."?